When our friend Annerie at @healthynre asked to experiment with different ways to enjoy the best smoked salmon @canadianselectsmokedsalmon, one of the most simple and delicious recipes that immediately came to her mind is smoked salmon that is a lot quicker and easier to make than you'd imagine!
2 cups uncooked glutinous white rice (sushi rice)
3 cups water
½ cup rice vinegar
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
¼ cup white sugar
1 tbsp everything bagel seasoning
2 cups cooked sushi rice
2 large sheets of nori
1 container of shrimp and salmon paté @canadianselectsmokedsalmon
1 large cucumber or 3 baby cucumbers
3 tbsps spicy mayo (I use my homemade one)
Soy sauce and wasabi for serving
1. Wash and cut cucumbers into thin strips, each about 2.5 inches in length. Dry with paper towels to remove excess moisture.
2. Place a sheet of nori onto your sushi mat and add a thin layer of prepared sushi rice.
3. Add shrimp and salmon pate and cucumber pieces as pictured (see photo 3) and tightly roll, leaving a 1 cm edge on the nori.
4. Wet the edge with a touch of water and "seal" the roll. Repeat the process for the second sheet of nori and chill both in the fridge for 10 to 15 minutes.
5. Slice the rolls into pieces with a sharp knife and top with spicy mayo before serving with soy sauce and wasabi.